Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Discussions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to run a group of cells in databricks ?

chari
Contributor

Hello,

I was experimenting with a ML model with different parameters and check the results. 

However, the important part of this code is contained in a couple of cells (say cell # 12, 13 & 14). I like to proceed to the next cell only when the results are acceptable. That means, I want to run just the above cells over & over again.

Can I automate this so that given the start and end number of the cell, a customized process can then run them without the user having to manually run ? Again, depending on the problem these cells can be more but sequentially.

It will be a great idea for databricks to come up with in the near future.

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @chari, As of now, manually running the cells in the desired order remains an option. You can execute cells one by one by clicking on them and pressing Shift+Enter.

• While this isn’t fully automated, it’s still a straightforward way to ensure sequential execution.

I agree that having built-in support for running specific cells sequentially would be a valuable addition to Databricks. Hopefully, the upcoming features will address this need.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @chari, As of now, manually running the cells in the desired order remains an option. You can execute cells one by one by clicking on them and pressing Shift+Enter.

• While this isn’t fully automated, it’s still a straightforward way to ensure sequential execution.

I agree that having built-in support for running specific cells sequentially would be a valuable addition to Databricks. Hopefully, the upcoming features will address this need.