Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How does Databricks integrate with SAP? I am looking for a tech overview.

User16752244127
Contributor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MarcoCaviezel
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm working with the Azure Data Factory (ADF) SAP Table connector.

Basically I'm using RCA calls to download SAP Tables and save them to ADLS Gen2. In a next step I trigger Databricks notebooks with ADF to transform these files.

Best regards,

Marco

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sajith_appukutt
Honored Contributor II

SAP as you know has bunch of products . With some like Hana, you could use a jdb/odbc connector while others products have databases backing them ( like sql server ) which you could connect to .

Depending on your need ( CDC ) , you might also want to look at our partners like Azure Data factory or HVR , blitzz etc

MarcoCaviezel
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm working with the Azure Data Factory (ADF) SAP Table connector.

Basically I'm using RCA calls to download SAP Tables and save them to ADLS Gen2. In a next step I trigger Databricks notebooks with ADF to transform these files.

Best regards,

Marco

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Currently supported datasources with Databricks https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/data/data-sources/

and may be this block will have more insight - https://blogs.sap.com/2019/10/24/your-sap-on-azure-part-22-read-sap-hana-data-from-azure-databricks/

Let me know if this help. @Frank Munzโ€‹ 

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.