Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I query my Delta tables with PowerBI?

User16826992666
Valued Contributor

I would like to connect to the Delta tables I have created with PowerBI to use for reporting. Is it possible to do this with Databricks or do I have to write my data to some other serving layer?

2 REPLIES 2

User16826992666
Valued Contributor

Yes, it is possible to query the Delta tables on your data lake with PowerBI using the native Databricks connector available in PowerBI desktop. The connector supports SSO using Azure AD so it's fairly straightforward to set up.

Once you get the connection set up you can query the data on your lake directly in PowerBI using either import or DirectQuery.

More details on the connector can be found in the announcement blog post.

gbrueckl
Contributor II

if you want to read your Delta Lake table directly from the storage without the need of having a Databricks cluster up and running you can also use the official connector Power BI connector for Delta Lake

https://github.com/delta-io/connectors/tree/master/powerbi

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.