Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can we have multiple AWS accounts associated with one Databricks account?

MoJaMa
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

8 REPLIES 8

MoJaMa
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Yes. Multiple AWS accounts/regions/VPCs etc can be associated with 1 Databricks Account.

New Contributor II

@Mohan Mathewsโ€‹  Could you please point to documentation about how to do this?

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Brandon Fosterโ€‹ , Please explore this link:- https://docs.databricks.com/administration-guide/account-settings/aws-accounts.html

New Contributor II

That seems to be the documentation for setting up an databricks account to connect to aws. But what I want it to connect my databricks account to multiple aws accounts, and I cant find a way to do that.

I think maybe its done through workspaces,

but my account admin page does not mention workspaces anywhere, only a deployment.

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

https://docs.databricks.com/administration-guide/cloud-configurations/aws/customer-managed-vpc.html this is for customer vpc setup .

could you please elaborate your use case a bit here

amitca71
Contributor II

Hi @Atanu Sarkarโ€‹ @Mohan Mathewsโ€‹ 

I have the same question.

The use case is that we have one databricks account and split AWS account for test staging and production.

we would like to be able to have separate workspace on each of the AWS accounts i mentioned, connected to same unity catalog, but all related to same databricks account.

is it possible?

Thanks,

Amit

User15848365773
New Contributor II

Hi @amitca71 @atanu .. yes you can associate as many vpcs(workspace deployment fundamental) across regions and aws accounts to one single databricks aws account infact its one of the super powers of databricks platform and you can even track all their databricks workspace expenses directly on the databricks account console. There are multiple ways to do this easiest is login to your databricks account console click workspaces and click create via custom and start filling the form and click in the bottom advanced config in the network config section provide the vpc artifacts you created on different aws accounts(you should follow vpc requirements and other rules from customer managed vpc databricks doc) same or different regions there and complete the deployment. So yes you can have workspaces tied to vpcs span across different aws accounts same or different region. Tied to one single databricks account. hope this helps! - Naseer

Can you also associate workspaces from GCP or Azure with the same hypothetical single account?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.