Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I know my partitions are skewed, is there anything I can do to help my performance?

User16826992666
Valued Contributor

I know the skew in my dataset has the potential to cause issues with my job performance, so just wondering if there is anything I can do to help my performance other than repartitioning the whole dataset.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sajith_appukutt
Honored Contributor II

For scenarios like this, it is recommend to use a cluster with Databricks Runtime 7.3 LTS or above where AQE is enabled.

AQE dynamically handles skew in sort merge join and shuffle hash join by splitting (and replicating if needed) skewed tasks into roughly evenly sized tasks.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

sajith_appukutt
Honored Contributor II

For scenarios like this, it is recommend to use a cluster with Databricks Runtime 7.3 LTS or above where AQE is enabled.

AQE dynamically handles skew in sort merge join and shuffle hash join by splitting (and replicating if needed) skewed tasks into roughly evenly sized tasks.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.