cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databricks Delta - UPDATE error

GuidoPereyra_
New Contributor II

Hi,

We got the following error when we tried to UPDATE a delta table running concurrent notebooks that all end with an update to the same table.

"

com.databricks.sql.transaction.tahoe.ConcurrentAppendException: Files were added matching 'true' by a concurrent update. Please try the operation again.

"

I tried to perform serveral UPDATEs manually at the same time with the same cluster and it seems to works good, but it failed with the concurrent notebooks.

Anyone knows how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

matt
New Contributor II

Was there ever a resolution to this issue? I am getting the same problem now.

GuidoPereyra_
New Contributor II

Hi @matt@direction.consulting

I just found the following doc https://docs.azuredatabricks.net/delta/isolation-level.html#set-the-isolation-level.

In my case, I could fixed partitioning the table and I think is the only way for concurrent update in the same table but you can find different serialization level in the doc for the others operations.

I hope It is hopeful

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.