cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install python package on spark cluster

kidexp
New Contributor II

Hi,

How can I install python packages on spark cluster? in local, I can use pip install.

I want to use some external packages which is not installed on was spark cluster.

Thanks for any suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

arsalan1
Contributor

@kidexp​ 

From the workspace dropdown, you can select New Library, and then select Python eggs or specify specific packages. Please see attached screenshots.

screen-shot-2015-04-14-at-30305-pm.png34-screen-shot-2015-04-14-at-30248-pm 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

arsalan1
Contributor

@kidexp​ 

From the workspace dropdown, you can select New Library, and then select Python eggs or specify specific packages. Please see attached screenshots.

screen-shot-2015-04-14-at-30305-pm.png34-screen-shot-2015-04-14-at-30248-pm 

kidexp
New Contributor II

Thanks very much @Arsalan Tavakoli-Shiraji​ 

@Arsalan Tavakoli-Shiraji​  how do we attach it to a specific cluster programmatically (and not just all clusters by checking that box)

You can use the Databricks Libraries API to programmatically attach libraries to specific clusters. For more information: https://docs.databricks.com/api/latest/libraries.html#install

Anonymous
Not applicable

Introduce Python bundle on flash group

Make a virtualenv only for your Flash hubs.

Each time you run a Flash work, run a new pip introduce of all your own in-house Python libraries. ...

Zoom up the site-bundles dir of the virtualenv. ...

Pass the single .compress document, containing your libraries and their conditions as a contention to - - py-records.

Custom Boxes With Logo | Custom Labels and Stickers

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.