Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.io.IOException: No FileSystem for scheme: null

PraveenKumarB
New Contributor

Getting the error when try to load the uploaded file in py notebook.

# File location and type file_location = "//FileStore/tables/data/d1.csv"

file_type = "csv"

# CSV options

infer_schema = "true"

first_row_is_header = "false"

delimiter = ","

# The applied options are for CSV files. For other file types, these will be ignored.

df = spark.read.format(file_type)

.option("inferSchema", infer_schema)

.option("header", first_row_is_header)

.option("sep", delimiter)

.load(file_location)

display(df)

Error at highlighted line:

Py4JJavaError Traceback (most recent call last) <command-2996484959822084> in <module>() 9 10# The applied options are for CSV files. For other file types, these will be ignored.---> 11df = spark.read.format(file_type).option("inferSchema", infer_schema).option("header", first_row_is_header).option("sep", delimiter).load(file_location) 12 13 display(df)/databricks/spark/python/pyspark/sql/readwriter.py in load(self, path, format, schema, **options) 164 self.options(**options) 165if isinstance(path, basestring):--> 166return self.df(self.jreader.load(path)) 167elif path isnotNone: 168if type(path)!= list:/databricks/spark/python/lib/py4j-0.10.7-src.zip/py4j/java_gateway.py in call(self, *args) 1255 answer = self.gateway_client.send_command(command) 1256 return_value = get_return_value( -> 1257 answer, self.gateway_client, self.target_id, self.name) 1258

5 REPLIES 5

mathan_pillai
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Praveen B

The file location need to have the filesystem scheme. so it should be of the format dbfs:/FileStore/tables/data/d1.csv

Let us know if it works.

Thanks

Yes, this worked - cheers

Rodney

what about setting the file location which points at blob storage associated with a storage account?

I am trying for https://storageaccountname.blob.core.windows.net/testfile.csv but I come back with:

java.io.IOException: No FileSystem for scheme: https

@naughtonelad​  Did you get the solution of the question you mentioned in the comment? If yes, please share as I am facing the same issue.

DivyanshuBhatia
New Contributor II

@naughtonelad​  if your issue is solved,please let me know as I am facing the same problem

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.