Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchestration Preview - Error updating [JobName] - Either new_cluster or existing_cluster_id must be specified.

AlexandrePellet
New Contributor

I've created a new job with the new UI / feature enabled.

I managed to create one task with a new job cluster successfully but when adding a second task with a new job cluster and trying to save it I received the following error:

Error updating [JobName] - Either new_cluster or existing_cluster_id must be specified.

I've yet to try something similar with the API but seems to me I cannot even create a second task with anything other than an all purpose cluster.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong, has anyone had similar issues with the new feature preview?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

are you still have the same issue @kalyana krishnasampath pendyala​  @Alexandre Pelletier​ ? looks like the cluster is not attaching properly

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ AlexandrePelletier ! My name is Kaniz, and I'm the technical moderator here. Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers on the community have an answer to your question first. Or else I will follow up shortly with a response.

NFCU
New Contributor II

I am facing the same error. Is there any solution for this

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

are you still have the same issue @kalyana krishnasampath pendyala​  @Alexandre Pelletier​ ? looks like the cluster is not attaching properly

eignerfr
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have a similar issue.

I'm using the 14 day free trial, setting up the default basic-starter cluster.

Then I just followed the basic introduction of dbx with python.

https://docs.databricks.com/dev-tools/dbx.html

Command Execute is working, but when using deploy I get the error message from above.

greetings

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.