Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Edition is not allocating Cluster

BrendanTierney
New Contributor II

I've been trying to use the Community edition for the past 3 days without success.

I go to run a Notebook and it begins to allocated the Cluster, but it it never finishes. Sometimes it times out after 15 minutes.

ezgif.com-gif-makerWaiting for cluster to start: Finding instances for new nodes, acquiring more instances if necessary

Any suggestions on how to get around this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

siddhathPanchal
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hey Brandon, I can confirm that there was some internal issues with Databricks Community Edition during the the time you posted this question. Because of this issue, I could see that many users had problem creating clusters in the community edition.

But I believe it is resolved long ago. You can better try it out now. Please let us know if you still face the same issue in Databricks Community Edition.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

SlavaKisilevich
New Contributor II

Same problem here

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ BrendanTierney! My name is Kaniz, and I'm the technical moderator here. Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers on the community have an answer to your question first. Or else I will follow up with my team and get back to you soon.Thanks.

jose_gonzalez

Hi,

Maybe there was a connectivity issue or an outage happening right at that time. We have a status page that you can check in case you see this error in the future. Please go to https://status.databricks.com/

siddhathPanchal
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hey Brandon, I can confirm that there was some internal issues with Databricks Community Edition during the the time you posted this question. Because of this issue, I could see that many users had problem creating clusters in the community edition.

But I believe it is resolved long ago. You can better try it out now. Please let us know if you still face the same issue in Databricks Community Edition.

Dileep_Vidyadar
New Contributor III

Same Issue here with me. I am from South India and My internet speed is Good. I am facing an issue while creating a Cluster on Community Edition for 3-4 days 😣 . Sometimes it is taking 1 hour to create a cluster and sometimes it is terminating while I am working on it 😞 . May I know is there any issue with my account or there is something that happened from your end?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dileep Vidyadara​ - There did seem to be a problem during the time you posted. For future reference, when you're having trouble, you can check what's going on by going to the AWS Databricks Status Page.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.