Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload CSV files on Databricks by code (note UI)

Rodrigo_Brandet
New Contributor

Hello everyone.

I have a process on databricks when I need to upload a CSV file everyday manually.

I would like to know if there is a way to import this data (as panda in python, for example) with no necessary to upload this file everyday manually utilizing UI.

Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ryan_Chynoweth
Honored Contributor III

You can use our DBFS Put REST API endpoint. Note that this uploads the data but you would still probably need a Databricks job to load the data into a table.

You could also use the REST APIs or Python client for the cloud storage you are using as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan_Chynoweth
Honored Contributor III

You can use our DBFS Put REST API endpoint. Note that this uploads the data but you would still probably need a Databricks job to load the data into a table.

You could also use the REST APIs or Python client for the cloud storage you are using as well.

Alexis
New Contributor III

Hi Rodrigo

if you're using Azure databricks you can also try Autoloader this will upload you data into a spark dataframe or directly into a panda's dataframe. Be aware that you'll need setup your workspace with the necessary permissions.

Here a link with more info Ingest CSV data with Auto Loader - Azure Databricks - Workspace | Microsoft Docs

Happy learning!

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

Autoloader is indeed a valid option,

or use of some kind of ETL tool which fetches the file and put it somewhere on your cloud provider, like Azure Data Factory or AWS Glue etc.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.