Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FileBug in DBFS? Can not remove file (table) nor create it in Apache Spark (TM) SQL for Data Analysts Coursera course from Unit 6.2 onwards on.

Ougagagoubu
New Contributor

Hello,

as the title already suggests, i'm not able to remove a file via the shell (%sh rm -f "path") nor continue the notebook 6.2 onwards on (6.3 etc...) inside DataBricks. I'm using the DataBricks Community edition.

While the error message is clear:

"Error in SQL statement: AnalysisException: Can not create the managed table('`default`.`DeviceData`'). The associated location('dbfs:/user/hive/warehouse/devicedata') already exists.",

I am not able to figure out how to resolve this. Skipping to the next cells will yield:

"Error in SQL statement: AnalysisException: Table or view not found for 'DESCRIBE TABLE': DeviceData; line 1 pos 0"

i tried removing it via the shell but it has no effect. I tried restart and clearing all clusters - no effect. I'm not familiar with the Classroom setup, so i could not find a solution there either. Also the table doesn't show up under "Data" via the Databricksexplorer.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

0 REPLIES 0
Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.