Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What happens to my production jobs if the underlying Databricks Runtime is no longer supported? Will they fail?

User16868770416
Contributor
4 REPLIES 4

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ Will_Block! My name is Kaniz, and I'm the technical moderator here. Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers on the community have an answer to your question first. Or else I will follow up with my team and get back to you soon.Thanks.

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

@Will Blockโ€‹ , a while ago we had some jobs running on non-supported versions.

We did not notice it to be honest, because the jobs kept on working! That was however more than a year ago. The minute we noticed running on a non-supported version, we started migrating.

So chances are that they will keep on running for a while, but without support... I would not take the risk and start migrating/planning ASAP.

BilalAslamDbrx
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@Werner Stinckensโ€‹ you can think about the Databricks Runtime as a contract. It does and will change over time. However, we offer Long Term Support versions of the runtime which offer multi-year support. If you have production jobs, I would definitely consider running them on an LTS version. However, as the LTS version phases out of support, please consider migrating to a newer LTS so you can take advantage of the thousands of improvements we release every year.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Will Blockโ€‹ , Just a friendly follow-up. Do you still need help or the above responses help you to find the solution? Please let us know.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.