Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spot instance in Azure Databricks

krishnachaitany
New Contributor II

When I run a job enabling using spot instances , I would like to know how many number of workers are using spot and how many number of workers are using on demand instances for a given job run

In order to identify the spot instances we got for any given job, we navigated to the managed resource group within the databricks service level and examined the configuration within the VM that are allocated under Azure spot

A spot instance is allotted to me, which I can see . However, I am trying to figure out what is the best way of determining the number of spot instances and on-demand instances on the above job clusters.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

You can. do it on Azure Portal using the Virtual Machines list:

You will filter by either JobId tag or RunName tag (job name) and group by azure spot eviction policy or azure spot eviction type, the vm's under Stop/Deallocate and Capacity (using the 2nd grouping) are the spot VMs, the VMs which are grouped under "-" are on-demand VMs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ krishnachaitanya! My name is Kaniz, and I'm the technical moderator here. Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers in the community have an answer to your question first. Or else I will follow up with my team and get back to you soon. Thanks.

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

You can. do it on Azure Portal using the Virtual Machines list:

You will filter by either JobId tag or RunName tag (job name) and group by azure spot eviction policy or azure spot eviction type, the vm's under Stop/Deallocate and Capacity (using the 2nd grouping) are the spot VMs, the VMs which are grouped under "-" are on-demand VMs.

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Attached screenshot of what you will see.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.