Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many hours I can estimate to trainning in a Databricks Academy Self-Placed Trainning platform ?

William_Scardua
Valued Contributor

I done the Data Engineering Profissional and others training in a Self-Placed Trainning (https://www.linkedin.com/posts/wscardua_data-engineering-professional-activity-6851487238774108160-I...) .

How many hours can I estimate for this training (and others) ? , I need this to report on my resume

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi William,

Thanks for your patience, see below for the breakout:

DATABRICKS LAKEHOUSE FUNDAMENTALS ACCREDITATION → TOTAL TIME: 2.75 hours

• Fundamentals of the Databricks Lakehouse Platform: .75 hours
  • Fundamentals of Delta Lake: .5 hours
  • Fundamentals of Lakehouse Architecture: 10 minutes
  • Fundamentals of Databricks SQL: .5 hours
  • Fundamentals of Databricks Machine Learning: .5 hours
  • Databricks Lakehouse Fundamentals Accreditation: 20 minutes

APACHE SPARK ASSOCIATE DEVELOPER CERTIFICATION → TOTAL TIME: 16.00 hours

• Apache Spark Programming with Databricks (also available as paid ILT): 2 days (12 hours)
  • Certification Prep Course for the Databricks Certified Associate Developer for Apache Spark Exam: 2 hours
  • Databricks Certified Associate Developer for Apache Spark 3.0 Exam (for additional fee): 2 hours

DATA ENGINEER PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION → TOTAL TIME: 24.00 hours

• Data Engineering with Databricks (also available as paid ILT): 2 days (12 hours)
  • Optimizing Apache Spark on Databricks (also available as paid ILT): 2 days (12 hours)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ William Scardua! My name is Kaniz, and I'm the technical moderator here. Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers in the community have an answer to your question first. Or else I will get back to you soon. Thanks.

William_Scardua
Valued Contributor

Can anyone help ?

jwu1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @William Scardua​!

• Data Engineering with Databricks (also available as paid ILT): 2 days (12 hours)
  • Optimizing Apache Spark on Databricks (also available as paid ILT): 2 days (12 hours)

Hours to complete entire Data Enginnering pathway:54.75 hours

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much @Juliet Wu​ ,

How can I find out the time I spent for other courses that I finish and others that I want to take?

for exemple, I done:

Apache Spark Programming with Databricks

Data Engineering with Databricks

jwu1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @William Scardua​,

Below are the durations for your trainings. Reach out should you need additional information for other courses!

• Apache Spark Programming with Databricks (also available as paid ILT): 2 days (12 hours)
  • Certification Prep Course for the Databricks Certified Associate Developer for Apache Spark Exam: 2 hours
  • Databricks Certified Associate Developer for Apache Spark 3.0 Exam (for additional fee): 2 hours

• Data Engineer Professional Certification: Available late 2021

Thank you @Juliet Wu​ 

Sorry but I'm so confused by the estimated time spent, see the Data Engineers (Client) bellow, you know how much time I spend for each ? (I trie to attach image, bus a received error)

---------

Pathway Data Engineers ​(Customer)

Course1 - Fundamentals of the Databricks Lakehouse Platform Accreditation

1/10 Modules

Course2 - Apache Spark Associate Developer

0/11 Modules

Course - Apache Spark Programming with Databricks (DONE)

Explore the fundamentals of Spark Programming with Databricks.

7/7 Modules

Course3 - Data Engineering Professional (DONE)

19/19 Modules

Course - Data Engineering with Databricks (DONE)

A comprehensive course on data engineering with Databricks that shows participants how to set up a multi hop Delta architecture.

5/5 Modules

Course - Optimizing Apache Spark on Databricks

This course aims to deepen the knowledge of key “problem” areas in Apache Spark, how to mitigate those problems, and even explores new features in Spark 3 that further help to push the envelope in terms of application performance.

-------------

this should be easier, it should be described in the introduction of each training.

William_Scardua
Valued Contributor

Can anyone help ?

Hi William,

Thanks for your patience, see below for the breakout:

DATABRICKS LAKEHOUSE FUNDAMENTALS ACCREDITATION → TOTAL TIME: 2.75 hours

• Fundamentals of the Databricks Lakehouse Platform: .75 hours
  • Fundamentals of Delta Lake: .5 hours
  • Fundamentals of Lakehouse Architecture: 10 minutes
  • Fundamentals of Databricks SQL: .5 hours
  • Fundamentals of Databricks Machine Learning: .5 hours
  • Databricks Lakehouse Fundamentals Accreditation: 20 minutes

@Juliet Wu​ you are the best! 😃

thank you very much

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.