Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databricks JDBC 2.6.19 documentation

Alexander1
New Contributor III

I am searching for the Databricks JDBC 2.6.19 documentation page. I can find release notes from the Databricks download page (https://databricks-bi-artifacts.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/simbaspark-drivers/jdbc/2.6.19/docs/release-notes.txt) but on Magnitude's own Simba documentation I only find version 2.6.16 which does not even support Spark >= 3.0 (http://simba.wpengine.com/products/Spark/doc/JDBC_InstallGuide/content/jdbc/intro.htm). So where would I find the latest jdbc docs?

5 REPLIES 5

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Alexander! My name is Kaniz, and I'm the technical moderator here. Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers in the community have an answer to your question first. Or else I will get back to you soon. Thanks.

jose_gonzalez

hi @Alexander Wagner​ ,

According to the docs from link the release version 2.6.16 shows that it has been added support for Spark 3.0.

For example, you will be able to find the following in the release notes:

2.6.16 -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Released 2020-07-31

Enhancements & New Features

* [SPARKJ-363] Custom HTTP headers

The driver now supports custom HTTP headers in connection URLs. For more

information, see the Installation and Configuration Guide.

* [SPARKJ-364] Updated third-party libraries

The JDBC 4.2 driver has been updated to use the following libraries:

- log4j 2.13.3

- slf4j 1.7.30

The JDBC 4.0 and 4.1 versions of the driver continue to use the previous

versions of these libraries.

* [SPARKJ-397] Support for Spark 3.0

The driver now supports Spark 3.0

Thanks

Alexander1
New Contributor III

Hi @Jose Gonzalez​ ,

this makes no sense to me. From the official Simba docs it says 2.6.16 supports Spark up to 2.4, see http://simba.wpengine.com/products/Spark/doc/JDBC_InstallGuide/content/jdbc/requirements.htm. I don't trust the release notes to overrule official docs. Also my question was less about what is in the release notes but where to find the most current JDBC driver docs? I want to read the docs for version 2.6.19 but where are those? I don't consider release notes as docs.

Many thanks.

Alexander1
New Contributor III

@Arjun Kaimaparambil Rajan​ Hi Arjun, sorry I missed your reply. Indeed, the direct download comes with the latest docs as pdf. This seems pretty archaic to me since now I have to send people PDFs so the can read the docs instead of pointing them to the html pages of the official documentation. Maybe Simba/Magnitude can improve that in the future. Thanks for your pointer.

Alexander1
New Contributor III

By the way what is still wild, is that the Simba docs say 2.6.16 does only support until Spark 2.4 while the release notes on Databricks download page say 2.6.16 already supports Spark 3.0. Strange that we get contradicting info from the actual driver-making company.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.