Warehousing & Analytics
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when querying an XML table Databricks SQL Analytics

Bilal1
New Contributor III

I've created an external table that points to an XML file on the ADLS. I've installed spark-xml library on my cluster. I can query the table on the cluster.

However, I cannot query the table on Databricks SQL. I get the following error. I suppose the spark-xml library should also be installed on the SQL endpoint, however there is no option to do so. Is there any way to install the library on the end point ?

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Failed to find data source: com.databricks.spark.xml. Please find packages at http://spark.apache.org/third-party'. (35) (SQLExecDirectW)

5 REPLIES 5

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Have you installed like that (in search packages find it in spark packages not maven)?

image.png

Bilal1
New Contributor III

Yes. on the Cluster, however the SQL endpoint (cluster for Databricks SQL) does not offer this option.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Bilal Haniff​ - My name is Piper and I'm a moderator for the community. It's nice to meet you!

Let's see how your fellow community members answer first and then the team will follow up if they need to.

Bilal1
New Contributor III

@Piper Wilson​  I believe this is a technical limitation of the platform (Databricks SQL). Can you please check with the team if this is the case?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bilal Haniff​ - Yes. It may be next week before I can get back to you. Thank you for your patience.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.