Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean up of residual AWS resources when deleting a DB workspace

BradCliQ
New Contributor II

When deleting a workspace from the Databricks Accounts Console, I noticed the AWS resources (VPC, NAT, etc.) are not removed. Should they be? And if not, is there a clean/simple way of cleaning up the residual AWS resources?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Brad Franklin​ , from my knowledge I would say there is no such option in Databricks to clean up the resources. The reason is there are possibilities that the VPC could be shared by other resources. If deleting Databricks workspace cleans the AWS resources, then the shared resources will be broken. To avoid such inconvenience this is not available. You might need to manually do a cleanup.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Brad Franklin​ , from my knowledge I would say there is no such option in Databricks to clean up the resources. The reason is there are possibilities that the VPC could be shared by other resources. If deleting Databricks workspace cleans the AWS resources, then the shared resources will be broken. To avoid such inconvenience this is not available. You might need to manually do a cleanup.

BradCliQ
New Contributor II

Thank you Prabakar - that's what I figured but didn't know if there was documentation on resource cleanup. I'll just go through and find everything the CF stack created and remove them.

Regards,

Brad

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.