Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP address fix

Jon
New Contributor II

How can I fix the IP address of my Azure Cluster so that I can whitelist the IP address to run my job daily on my python notebook? Or can I find out the IP address to perform whitelisting? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III
  1. You can use pool for instances and set that there is "min idle" = "max capacity" so it will not auto terminate so ip will remain the same but this solution doesn't guarantee that it will not change (for example during upgrade or something)
  2. Preferred solution is when you do VM injection you can set routing and set that traffic through internet is going through firewall which have constant ip address. There is ready Azure firewall but a bit expensive, you can install own firewall on VM (there are ready images on Marketplace).
  3. Some other solution like connection through VPN or proxy requests are possible in some cases as alternative.

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

I would not go for option 1 indeed as Hubert said.

Azure provided solutions (VNET injection etc) are preferred.

The IP range which is used for the Azure VMs (which Databricks uses) will be quite big so whitelisting that whole range defeats the use of a firewall.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.