cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing the permissions using MLFlow APIs

SagarK1
New Contributor

Hello All,

I am trying to manage the permissions on the experiments using the MLFLow API. Do we have any MLFlow API which helps to manage the permissions of Can Read ,Can Edit , Can Manage.

Example :

I create the model using MLFlow APIs and through my code I should be able to enforce the permission saying what permission can be given for this model.E.g. Can Read , Can Edit , Can Manage.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SagarK! My name is Kaniz, and I'm the technical moderator here. Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers in the community have an answer to your question first. Or else I will get back to you soon. Thanks.

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Sagar Kant​ Please refer to the below document that provides a detailed explanation about the MLflow permissions API.

https://docs.databricks.com/dev-tools/api/latest/permissions.html#tag/MLflow-experiment-permissions

https://docs.databricks.com/dev-tools/api/latest/permissions.html#tag/MLflow-registered-model-permis...

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Sagar Kant​ , Could you please let me know if the answer I provided earlier resolved your query? If so would you be happy to mark the answer as best so that others can quickly find the solution in the future?

sean_owen
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

I don't believe you can set MLflow permissions via the API. Permissions are a function of Databricks rather than MLflow itself.

jsan
New Contributor II

Hey folks, did we get any workaround for this or what @Sean Owen​ said is true ?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.