Warehousing & Analytics
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug with Azure Databricks SQL query parameters

Wilson
New Contributor

2 Issues both related to query based drop down please read below documentation for more info:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/sql/user/queries/query-parameters#query-based-drop...

Issue # 1

Drop down list only accepts up to 400 values

Only affects parameters which are a name/value pair

After 400 values, the drop-down box glitches out, displays duplicate values and user is unable to scroll

Issue # 2

Query based dropdown selects multiple values when user only selects 1

Only affects parameters which are a name/value pair

If the value is not unique to the name (see example), when user selects the parameter multiple other names are also selected as a multi-select, even when user only wants to select 1

Attached repro steps and screenshots.

Please reach out if you need more info

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Wilson Lee​ Thanks for the information. We'll test this internally and discuss it with the product team to fix it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ Wilson! My name is Kaniz, and I'm the technical moderator here. Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers in the community have an answer to your question first. Or else I will get back to you soon. Thanks.

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Wilson Lee​ Thanks for the information. We'll test this internally and discuss it with the product team to fix it.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.