Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused) This is often caused by an OOM error

Rnmj
New Contributor III

I am trying to run a python code where a json file is flattened to pipe separated file . The code works with smaller files but for huge files of 2.4 GB I get below error:

ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)

Error while obtaining a new communication channel

ConnectException error: This is often caused by an OOM error that causes the connection to the Python REPL to be closed. Check your query's memory usage.

Databricks version 9.1 LTS

The cluster is 5 node Standard_DS4_V2

5 REPLIES 5

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ Rnmj! My name is Kaniz, and I'm the technical moderator here. Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers in the community have an answer to your question first. Or else I will get back to you soon. Thanks.

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

jose_gonzalez

hi @RN mj​ ,

Could you provide more details? how do you read your JSON file? are you using an autoscaling cluster? what is the full error stack-trace?

Rnmj
New Contributor III

Hi @Jose Gonzalez​ , @Werner Stinckens​  @Kaniz Fatma​ ,

Thanks for your response .Appreciate a lot.

The issue was in the code, it was a python /panda code running on Spark. Due to this only driver node was being used. i did validate this by increasing the driver configuration. The next steps is to revisit the code and use RDD/dataframes so code has some parallel processing

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great, Thanks!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.