cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosting python application on Azure Databricks and exposing it's rest APIs

aditya_raj_data
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to host my application on Databricks and I want to expose rest APIs of my application to be accessed from postman but I am unable to find any documentation on how to do this. I tried to write simple flask "hello world" code to try if it works but I am getting error "AttributeError: 'DummyMod' object has no attribute 'startswith' ". Please guide me, how to proceed for this.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Manoj
Contributor II

I did this using Azure web app and exposed the APIs , was able to access that in Post Man and Data bricks. Not used python app on data bricks

Thank you @Manoj Kumar Rayalla​  but I am trying to host it on databricks and wanted guidance whether it is possible and if yes, how to do it?

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

Can I ask why you want to host the application on Databricks?

Because you need to have a cluster running during the time the application has to be available. And for using Databricks you have to not only pay for the VMs, but also for the subscription (if you use Premium) and the DBUs used.

If you are not gonna use the spark application at all, you are better off with a common VM/container/kubernetes.

Hello Werners,

Thank you for your reply, currently my app is not using spark but in future I will be needing it as dataset is going to be huge, so I thought of using databricks.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.