Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting csv files from Databricks

Sarvagna_Mahaka
New Contributor III

I'm trying to export a csv file from my Databricks workspace to my laptop.

I have followed the below steps.

1.Installed databricks CLI

2. Generated Token in Azure Databricks

3. databricks configure --token

5. Token:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

6. databricks fs cp -r dbfs:/your_folder destination/your_folder

I get the below error. Can anyone help?

Error: ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='%3cdatabricks-instance%3e', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/2.0/workspace/get-status?path=%2FFileStore%2Fshared_uploads%2Fwwid%40 (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x000001E8649DDC08>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed'))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Please check %USERPROFILE%\.databrickscfg file on Windows it should include

[DEFAULT]
host = <workspace-URL>
token = <personal-access-token>

Please validate host variable. Here are additional info how to get it https://docs.databricks.com/workspace/workspace-details.html#workspace-url

Please validate cli connection using some simple command for example

databricks workspace list

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Please check %USERPROFILE%\.databrickscfg file on Windows it should include

[DEFAULT]
host = <workspace-URL>
token = <personal-access-token>

Please validate host variable. Here are additional info how to get it https://docs.databricks.com/workspace/workspace-details.html#workspace-url

Please validate cli connection using some simple command for example

databricks workspace list

Thanks for the help, Hubert.

My host URL was not set correctly. I made the changes as suggested & that fixed the issue.

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

I am glad that it helped.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Depending on the file size, you can use display() in a notebook to download a CSV to your local laptop. It's possible for an admin has disabled this feature so you may not see it.

Thanks Joseph, but the file I want to export is of a bigger size. It goes beyond the display limit of the rows.

User16871418122
Contributor III

Hi @Sarvagna Mahakali​ There is an easier hack:

a) You can save results locally on the disk and create a hyper link for downloading CSV . You can copy the file to this location: dbfs:/FileStore/table1_good_2020_12_18_07_07_19.csv

b) Then download with link: HTTPS://<yourworkspace>.cloud.databricks.com/files/trace_good_2020_12_18_07_07_19.csv

Hope it helps! 😊

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.