Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Discussions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't sign up to Community Edtiton plataform. Every time I try to sign up, I can only choose between Standard, Premium and Enterprise. How can I use the Community Edition plataform?

Romulo
New Contributor III

I can't sign up to Community Edtiton plataform. Every time I try to sign up, I can only choose between Standard, Premium and Enterprise. How can I use the Community Edition plataform?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Romulo Lacana​ ,

Troubleshooting Tips

• Check your spam folder for a Reset Password email.
  • If this is your first time logging in, ensure that you did indeed sign up for Databricks Community Edition at databricks.com/try-databricks.
  • Signing up for a Databricks trial will not give you access to Community Edition.

• Note: if you never chose this ^ grey linked option upon signing in, you are not participating in the Databricks Community Edition
  • Ensure that the email you are trying to use upon re-signing in has the correct upper/lowercase convention you used upon signing up. The email upper/lowercasing you signed up with can be found in your initial welcome email:

• Ex: if you are trying to sign in as john.smith (instead of John.Smith) @domain.net, you will get an error.

If you are still running into issues, please reach out to feedback@databricks.com

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Romulo Lacana​ ,

Troubleshooting Tips

• Check your spam folder for a Reset Password email.
  • If this is your first time logging in, ensure that you did indeed sign up for Databricks Community Edition at databricks.com/try-databricks.
  • Signing up for a Databricks trial will not give you access to Community Edition.

• Note: if you never chose this ^ grey linked option upon signing in, you are not participating in the Databricks Community Edition
  • Ensure that the email you are trying to use upon re-signing in has the correct upper/lowercase convention you used upon signing up. The email upper/lowercasing you signed up with can be found in your initial welcome email:

• Ex: if you are trying to sign in as john.smith (instead of John.Smith) @domain.net, you will get an error.

If you are still running into issues, please reach out to feedback@databricks.com

Deepankar_Pattn
New Contributor III

https://databricks.com/try-databricks in this link the option to sign in for community edition is not coming only we can sign up for platform based trail with this. Also tried to sign up using the above link but the credentials won't work to login to community edition.

Hi @Deepankar Pattnaik​ , Can you please mail me with the necessary screenshots as well as your login Id?

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Deepankar Pattnaik​ , are you still facing the issue?

joao_hoffmam
New Contributor III

Hi @Romulo Lacana​,

I don't know if you're still facing that problem, but I used the following link and everything worked fine: Login - Databricks Community Edition

Adrian_A_
New Contributor III

I had this same issue. When I click on the Try Databricks URL (https://databricks.com/try-databricks), the first time I went through, I registered for a 14-day trial. When I try the Community Edition Login page (https://community.cloud.databricks.com/login.html) , it prompts me for a community edition username and password (the trial username and password do not work). There is a link on the Community Edition Login page "New to Databricks? Sign Up", but the link takes me to the "Try Databricks" link above. Yet the second time I went through this process, I noticed at the bottom of the screen was an option to get started with the Community Edition. So maybe not the most clear or obvious place to put it, but I guess Databricks is prioritizing 14-day trials over the Community Edition.

cloud-provider-selection

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.