Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to show multiple cmd output in a dashboard?

bdc
New Contributor III

I have a loop that outputs a dataframe for values in a list; basically a loop.

I can create a dashboard if there is only one df but in the loop, I'm only able to see the charts in the notebook if I switch the view to charts not in the dashboard. In the dashboard, it only shows the first chart.

Is it possible to show all the charts created in a loop in the dashboard or is it limited to 1?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III
  1. Create a new Dashboard image
  2. You will find multiple chart or table displayed in the Dashboard. Click on remove all graphs to clear the Dashboard. image
  3. To import all graphs from the notebook you can click on "Import all Graphs" which will be displayed on the Dashboard. image
  4. If you want only a few graphs to be displayed then go to the notebook view.
  5. If your command has a table or chart output, you can see the encircled symbol on the right corner of the cell.
  6. Click on that image that will give you the option to select it to show in your desired dashboard. image
  7. You can go to the respective cells that you want to display in the Dashboard and add it to view in the Dashboard.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, you can show all charts or only a few charts in the dashboards as per your requirement.

Prabakar
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III
  1. Create a new Dashboard image
  2. You will find multiple chart or table displayed in the Dashboard. Click on remove all graphs to clear the Dashboard. image
  3. To import all graphs from the notebook you can click on "Import all Graphs" which will be displayed on the Dashboard. image
  4. If you want only a few graphs to be displayed then go to the notebook view.
  5. If your command has a table or chart output, you can see the encircled symbol on the right corner of the cell.
  6. Click on that image that will give you the option to select it to show in your desired dashboard. image
  7. You can go to the respective cells that you want to display in the Dashboard and add it to view in the Dashboard.

bdc
New Contributor III

could you please show me how?

I can only see the first plot in the dashboard. Note that I am NOT talking about showing the output of multiple cmds but multiple outputs of ONE cmd in a loop.

In the following code snippet, for each idx, I have one test_df for which I can see the result in the notebook but not when I create New Dashboard as you mentioned. In the New dashboard only the first plot is shown.

for idx in range(3):
  test_df = drift_plot_2(grouped_features[idx], perc=True)
  display(test_df)

Dashboard viewdashboard view 

Notebook view

notebook view

Wanda11
New Contributor II

If you want to be able to easily run and kill multiple process with 

ctrl-c

, this is my favorite method: spawn multiple background processes in a 

(…)

subshell, and trap 

SIGINT

to execute 

kill 0

, which will kill everything spawned in the subshell group:

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.