Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to view exported notebooks in HTML format

WayneDeleersnyd
New Contributor III

My team and I noticed an issue lately where notebooks, when exported to HTML format, are not viewable in a stand-alone state anymore. Older notebooks which were exported have no issues, but newer exports are not viewable. The only way we can view the notebook is by importing the notebook and viewing it from the web, which is impractical for the purposes of sharing.

Is there a way to resolve this issue, or has anyone else encountered this issue?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DavidLin
New Contributor III

There was a bug with rendering exported HTML in notebooks with notebook workflows (dbutils.notebook.run). The fix was rolled out, but may not have reached some single tenant deployments yet.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

cconnell
Contributor II

Just export the "source", then it is readable code.

My goal isn’t to read the code. When exporting in HTML we’re able to view output and graphs, but we can’t view anything right now. We see a flash of cells, then the page goes blank.

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Have you tried also via API?

I haven’t tried via API but I need it to work from the notebook.

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

what is distribution? (Azure or Free Community etc.) so I will test with dashboard

It’s Azure, but I’m now wondering if it was an issue that has been resolved. Exported HTML files now appear to be rendering.

It would be good to know for sure though.

what is the error you are getting? have you seen the docs https://docs.databricks.com/notebooks/notebooks-manage.html#export-a-notebook

There's no error message. Just a flash and then a blank screen. I should note that I'm only seeing this if there are results in the notebook. If it's a notebook with no results then I see the contents of the notebook with no results.

Previously I would see the results. Per the documentation "When you export a notebook as HTML, IPython notebook, or archive (DBC), and you have not cleared the results, the results of running the notebook are included." But now I see nothing 😞

DavidLin
New Contributor III

There was a bug with rendering exported HTML in notebooks with notebook workflows (dbutils.notebook.run). The fix was rolled out, but may not have reached some single tenant deployments yet.

ok, great. I just noticed last night that I could now again export and view the contents of an HTML export that had results in the notebook.

Any idea where we'd see an announcement saying they rolled out a fix?

cconnell
Contributor II

I can confirm that the Community Edition now does correct readable HTML export.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.