cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got a problem with my Databricks account

Aouatef_Rouahi
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am a student and I just started with Databricks so instead of signing up with a community account which is free, I created an account with a standard subscription plan on DataBricks with an amazon cloud services as a cloud provider.

As I am learning how to do things, I created a workspace on aws (CloudFormation service) and did some python/spark code.

After that, I was warned that I should use a DataBricks comunity account, so I deleted my standard account but after that, I could not delete the workspace on aws CloudFormation and I had this message:

your AWS account. Contact Databricks at quickstart-support@databricks.com if you have any questions. (qs-1rrjcbj76)

Any help is greatly appreciated 😊

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aouatef Rouahi​ - My name is Piper and I'm a community moderator for Databricks. Welcome to the community and thank you for asking. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. It may be a while, but I will forward your post to the team.

Aouatef_Rouahi
New Contributor III

Hi @Piper Wilson​ 

Thank you for reacting. I hope it will be solved soon.

User16844487905
New Contributor III

Hi  Aouatef,

Thanks for reaching out. This is Mate here from the Databricks product team.

To delete your Databricks workspace you need to do the following steps.

1. Log in to your account in accounts.cloud.databricks.com and navigate to Workspaces.
  2. On the right hand side in the table click the ellipsis icon and select Delete.
  3. Confirm delete in the modal and wait a few minutes, your workspace should be deleted.
  4. Then log in to your AWS console and navigate to Cloudformation.
  5. When trying to delete the Cloudformation stack you might encounter an error because the root S3 bucket is not empty. To solve this please navigate to S3 -> locate the root bucket that was created by Cloudformation -> click "Empty bucket". (Please make sure you're emptying the correct bucket as this will delete all information).
  6. After the bucket has been emptied you should be able to successfully delete the Cloudformation stack - which should delete all Databricks related resources in AWS.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Aouatef Rouahi​ , Were you able to resolve the issue?

Aouatef_Rouahi
New Contributor III

Hi @Mate Rauscher​ , thank you for your answer

the issue is solved.

Aouatef_Rouahi
New Contributor III

Hi @Kaniz Fatma​, yes thank you!!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.