Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The log in function and password reset function in the community edition do not work

self-employed
Contributor

I want to register a databrick account. I already set up my account. I also receive the email to set my password. However, I cannot use my password to log in the community account. I can use it to log in my standard account. I also click the reset the password button at the community login page. Although it says it will send an email to my register email address. I have waited for two days, and still did not receive the reset email.

Actually I have tried several emails with my personal email and company email. All are the same. I can log into my stand account but cannot log into the community account.

It does upset me. Is the community edition just an advertising strategy or already closed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @lawrance Zhang​ , Please fill in the details and click on Get Started For Free. Post that you'll see the option to select the Community Edition. Please click on that. I'm attaching the screenshots for your help. Please let me know if you're able to do so.

Screenshot 2021-12-14 at 7.02.04 PMScreenshot 2021-12-14 at 6.55.44 PM

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

@Kaniz Fatma​ can help,

@lawrance Zhang​ you can also open ticket on https://databricks.com/company/contact

I use community edition regularly so it is working but indeed recently there were some issues

Hi HubertDudek,

Thanks for your reply. At least, you confirm that the community version is still working.

I do open a ticket, and hope they can help me to solve the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, @lawrance Zhang​ - I wanted you to know that this isn't the first time we've heard of this recently. 😒 Thank you for opening a ticket. We've also escalated this to the team. We'll get there.

Hi @Piper Wilson​ ,

Thanks for providing a follow-up on this issue.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @lawrance Zhang​ , It looks like you've signed up for an AWS trial account. Can you log into the accounts console accounts.cloud.databricks.com and try resetting the password from there? If you’d like to sign up for the community edition, then you would need to resubmit the form at Try Databricks and choose the community edition option.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @lawrance Zhang​ , A new password reset link has been sent to you from accounts.cloud.databricks.com . Did you try to reset your password?

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Did you try clicking on the reset password link sent to you from accounts.cloud.databricks.com?

Here is my try databricks page. Can you plz tell me where can I choose community edition option?

1639486364(1).png

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

you need to go through that get started for free and than is in second step

Hi @lawrance Zhang​ , Please fill in the details and click on Get Started For Free. Post that you'll see the option to select the Community Edition. Please click on that. I'm attaching the screenshots for your help. Please let me know if you're able to do so.

Screenshot 2021-12-14 at 7.02.04 PMScreenshot 2021-12-14 at 6.55.44 PM

thanks. That finally solves the issue. I just registered for the normal one and thought the community version would share the same account.

I just registered for the community version now. Thank you for your support. @Kaniz Fatma​ 

The link is a bit too small to be noticed.

@Hubert Dudek​  thank you for your help. The final answer is so simple but so easy to miss.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.