Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADLSGen2: Cannot display Delta table summary from Data>Table tab on Databricks

steven_vcnt
New Contributor III

Hello, I have set up my account storage on Azure with an ADLSGen2 and I have succeeded to save the delta table on my ADLSGen2, from there I have created my delta table on Databricks.

From there I am unable to display the summary of my delta table under data>table tab as it shows the error below. Are we able to display the delta table summary within Databricks when the delta table comes from Azure?

Errorimage 

Thank you in advance,

Steven

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes we are,

• if you use private link please be sure that is set both for dfs and blob for ADLS
  • if you use app to mount Adls it have to use IAM role ""Storage Blob Data Contributor"
  • but problem can be with "I have succeeded to save the delta table on my ADLSGen2, from there I have created my delta table on Databricks" can you share your code how you saved delta files and created table from them?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes we are,

• if you use private link please be sure that is set both for dfs and blob for ADLS
  • if you use app to mount Adls it have to use IAM role ""Storage Blob Data Contributor"
  • but problem can be with "I have succeeded to save the delta table on my ADLSGen2, from there I have created my delta table on Databricks" can you share your code how you saved delta files and created table from them?

Hey Hubert, thanks for your answer, I will check the 2 first points tomorrow. I have followed this documentation, the setup is about dfs and not blob, maybe it's the problem. For the third point, see below, I have removed my account info on purpose, I don't have any problem fetching data and/or describing history from my Delta Table through SQL queries:

steven_vcnt
New Contributor III

Hello,

Following Hubert comment, in order to create a delta table on Databricks from Azure, I had to use CLONE argument in order to copy the data plus the metadata of my delta table on Azure. In order to set up the connection between Databricks and Azure, I have followed this documentation plus I have created an endpoint from my ADLSgen2 account storage to dfs databricks resources.

Best Regards,

Steven

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.