Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster does not have proper permissions to view DBFS mount point to Azure ADLS Gen 2.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've created other mount points and am now trying to use the OAUTH method. I'm able to define the mount point using the OAUTH Mount to ADLS Gen 2 Storage.

I've created an App Registration with Secret, added the App Registration as Contributor to the Storage Account, and created a Secret Scope with the Client Secret value.

The mount point creates fine, but when I go to use it I get an error that says the cluster is not permitted.

Cluster defaultCluster does not have the proper credentials to view the content. Please select another cluster.

Looking at the error log, I see

This request is not authorized to perform this operation using this permission.", 403, GET....

This request is not authorized to perform this operation using this permission.

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ Thomas Wilson! My name is Kaniz, and I'm the technical moderator here. Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers in the community have an answer to your question first. Or else I will get back to you soon. Thanks.

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

I think the issue lies within fetching the credentials.

Does it work with your user and that particular cluster?

Gerbastanovic
New Contributor II

Also check if you set the right permissions for the app on the containers ACL

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/data-lake-storage-access-control

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.