Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can search in a specific folder in Databricks?

Reza
New Contributor III

There is a keyword search option in Databricks that searches for a command or word in the entire workspace. How can search for a command in a specific folder or repository?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I think folder wise search wont work cause search engine works respective to the workspace.

please raise a feature request - https://docs.databricks.com/resources/ideas.html @Reza Rajabi​ 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ Reza ! My name is Kaniz, and I'm the technical moderator here. Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers in the community have an answer to your question first. Or else I will get back to you soon. Thanks.

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

There is no such functionality at the moment.

But there are ways to achieve this:

1. export the workspace by using the databricks cli. It will download all the notebooks etc, then you can perform a search with your IDE or ...
  2. use Repos. The workbooks are sent to git (Github, Azure Devops,...) and there you can go to your files and perform a search there.

The 2nd option is ofc a better approach.

Reza
New Contributor III

My question was regarding a simple search in specific folders in Databricks, not cli or GitHub repo.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Reza Rajabi​ , Are you talking about the search option here?

Screenshot 2022-01-08 at 10.40.31 AM

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

If Yes, You can search workspaces created by you here.

Reza
New Contributor III

I know. However, I want to search in a specific folder entire databricks that I have access too.

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Reza Rajabi​  it actually search entire databricks . I think best search match can show the folder destination too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Reza Rajabi​ - Does Atanu's response answer your question?

Reza
New Contributor III

No.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Reza Rajabi​ - Thank you for letting us know.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Reza Rajabi​ - We have not forgotten you. We are looking for someone to help.

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I think folder wise search wont work cause search engine works respective to the workspace.

please raise a feature request - https://docs.databricks.com/resources/ideas.html @Reza Rajabi​ 

nelsoncardenas
New Contributor II

I would not consider this resolved. When I visit a forum, it's to find a solution, and I'm not completely sure if this feature has still not been created in Databricks since 2022. Regardless of that, I have submitted the feature request in Databricks.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.