Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NPIP tunnel setup failed [WaitForNgrokTunnel]

sp334
New Contributor II

Hello All,

We have deployed a new databricks instance in Azure cloud

1) Databricks service attached public subnet/private subnet (delegated to Microsoft.Databricks/workspaces)

2) i created a job with cluster runtime ( 1 worker: Standard_DS3_v27.3 LTS (includes Apache Spark 3.0.1, Scala 2.12))

3) Tried to start the job , but it's failing with below error message

</ Run result unavailable: job failed with error message Unexpected failure while waiting for the cluster (1XXXXXXXXXX) to be ready.Cause Unexpected state for cluster (1XXXXXXXXXXX): NPIP_TUNNEL_SETUP_FAILURE(SUCCESS): databricks_error_message:NPIP tunnel setup failure during launch. Please try again later and contact Databricks if the problem persists. NPIP tunnel setup failed [WaitForNgrokTunnel] />

4) I found a pattern here after multiple job failure , each job is taking around ~ 2 mins 20 secs to fail

please let me know anyone had similar issue in the past or have some inputs?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Can you please review the network setup with https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/security/secure-cluster-connectivity . May be azure support can help you out on this if it continuously failing .But this looks like the network setup issue . @kiran 334​ 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ sp334! My name is Kaniz, and I'm the technical moderator here. Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers in the community have an answer to your question first. Or else I will get back to you soon. Thanks.

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Can you please review the network setup with https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/security/secure-cluster-connectivity . May be azure support can help you out on this if it continuously failing .But this looks like the network setup issue . @kiran 334​ 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kiran 334​ - Does Atanu's information help you resolve the problem? If yes, would you be happy to mark it as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there @kiran 334​ 

Hope you are doing great! Thank you for posting your question.

Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue or do you need more help? We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

fabienv
New Contributor II

In case others run into this in the future. Here is something additional to check:

• Is your account/workspace enabled for the "compliance security profile"?
  • If yes, you should see a little shield icon in the lower left-hand corner of the workspace
  • Once you confirm it is enabled, a reason that you may be experiencing this is due to the incomplete setup of your workspace as it relates to the compliance security profile
  • As part of the setup, check that outbound port 2443 has been added

Good luck!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.