cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk Type in Azure Databricks

Matt_Johnston
New Contributor III

Hi There,

How are the disks tiers determined in Azure Databricks? We are currently using a pool which is using Standard DS3 v2 Virtual Machines, all with Premium SSD disks. Is there a way to change the tier of the disks?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I think we do not have option to change the disk type at this moment. but I would like to request you to raise a feature request through azure support if you are azure databricks user. if aws you can do the same from - https://docs.databricks.com/resources/ideas.html

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, @Matthew Johnston​ - Thank you for your question, and welcome to the community! We'll give the members a chance to respond before we circle back to this. Thanks in advance for your patience.

Thanks Piper, i'll look forward to being part of the community.

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I think we do not have option to change the disk type at this moment. but I would like to request you to raise a feature request through azure support if you are azure databricks user. if aws you can do the same from - https://docs.databricks.com/resources/ideas.html

Matt_Johnston
New Contributor III

Thanks Atanu,

It looks like this is automatically determined based on the VM instance in the pool. I will put in a feature request.

Thanks Again.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.