Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Machine Learning
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you deploy models that can be queried/called/inferred outside your organization?

SeanB
New Contributor II

It looks like you can via MLflow but I wanted to check before diving deeper?

Also it seems like if it is possible, it's just for small scale experimentation?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Sean B​ , Model access rights are inherited from the Model Registry. Enabling or disabling the serving feature requires ‘manage’ permission on the registered model. Anyone with read rights can score any of the deployed versions. (Source)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ SeanB ! My name is Kaniz, and I'm the technical moderator here. Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers in the community have an answer to your question first. Or else I will get back to you soon. Thanks.

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Sean B​  just wanted to check from where actually you are trying to query ?

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Means - outside databricks

SeanB
New Contributor II

Yes, outside databricks.

SeanB
New Contributor II

Yes, If somebody outside Databricks can query/use a model built in Databricks. I assume the answer must be yes?

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Sean B​ , Model access rights are inherited from the Model Registry. Enabling or disabling the serving feature requires ‘manage’ permission on the registered model. Anyone with read rights can score any of the deployed versions. (Source)

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.