Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get Started Discussions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's going wrong in my attempt to start with DataBricks?

none
New Contributor

I'm trying to get going with DataBricks for the first time. It's told me to create a workspace, which takes me to AWS (I'm also new to AWS). Following the instructions through there gets it to start creating something, but then it just gets stuck on `ROLLBACK`. There doesn't seem to be anything for me to do, and I'm not sure how to resolve it. I've tried this process four times, no variation.

Any advice?

3 REPLIES 3

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

It seems the creation of the workspace fails.

Some important info you should be aware of:

Databricks community edition is free, that means you can use the software for free.

But the hardware, the VMs on which Databricks runs is not necessarily free.

Can you check if you have some kind of 'free' budget you can spend on VMs etc?

Also: I suppose this is not an issue as you created your AWS account yourself, but do you have enough permissions to create a Databricks workspace?

Can you try to find a log somewhere in your AWS dashboard which gives you more info on what is going on?

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Dan Goldwater​ , Does @[werners] (Customer)​ 's reply answer your question?

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, this looks like a workspace creation failure. Would like to know about the error details more. Thanks!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.