Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Markup and table of contents is no longer working on Notebooks

GlenLewis
New Contributor III

Around 2 days ago, Markdown in our notebooks stopped working (the %md tag isn't visible but the headings appear as #Heading1. In addition, there are no longer any table of contents on any of my workbooks. Trying a different instance in Microsoft Azure isn't working either.

Is this a bug or a new setting that I am not aware of?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GlenLewis
New Contributor III

Ok - issue resolved. It appears that my years of lazy markdown has caught up with me. Until last week , Databricks Notebooks allowed me to have the heading string immediately after the hash (e.g.: #Heading 1), and now it more closely conforms to the standard (e.g.: # Heading 1) .

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

GlenLewis
New Contributor III

Ok - issue resolved. It appears that my years of lazy markdown has caught up with me. Until last week , Databricks Notebooks allowed me to have the heading string immediately after the hash (e.g.: #Heading 1), and now it more closely conforms to the standard (e.g.: # Heading 1) .

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

myea indeed, I was surprised too.

Apparently I never typed a space behind the hash signs 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Glen Lewis​ - Thank you for coming to the community with this. Would you be happy to mark your answer as best so other members can find the solution more readily?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.