Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Adding a dependent library to a Job task permanently adds it to the entire cluster?

jpwp
New Contributor III

Why does adding a dependent library to a Job task also permanently add it to the entire cluster?

I am using python wheels, and even when I remove the dependent library from a Job task, the wheel is still part of the cluster configuration.

If I then update the version of wheel used by the task, I then shows multiple versions of the wheel in the cluster libraries. I have no way to know which one is being used.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you have configured a library to install on all clusters automatically, or you select an existing terminated cluster that has libraries installed, the job execution does not wait for library installation to complete. If a job requires a specific library, you should attach the library to the job in the Dependent Libraries field.

Source

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Joel Pittโ€‹ ! My name is Kaniz, and I'm the technical moderator here. Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers in the community have an answer to your question first. Or else I will get back to you soon. Thanks.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you have configured a library to install on all clusters automatically, or you select an existing terminated cluster that has libraries installed, the job execution does not wait for library installation to complete. If a job requires a specific library, you should attach the library to the job in the Dependent Libraries field.

Source

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.