Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoloader streams fail unable to locate checkpoint/metadata or metadata/rocksdb/SSTs/sst files after interruption from cluster termination

Olli
New Contributor III

I have a pipeline with + 20 streams running based on autoloader. The pipeline crashed and after the crash I'm unable to start the streams and they fail with one of the following messages:

1):

The metadata file in the streaming source checkpoint directory is missing. This metadata file contains important default options for the stream, so the stream cannot be restarted right now. Please contact Databricks support for assistance.

2):

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: No such file or directory: s3a://elisa-automate-ml/pipeline-kpis/kpi_polystar_map/checkpoint/sources/0/rocksdb/SSTs/000061-fc068971-99e3-403e-8767-2335ec7a0330.sst

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Olli
New Contributor III

seems like the root problem was having checkpoint located in the data folder and running vacuum on the delta table. Had to restart streams with fresh checkpoint locations to get this sorted.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Olli Tiihonen​! Welcome and thanks for your question. We'll make sure the community has a chance to answer your question before we come back around. Thanks!

Olli
New Contributor III

seems like the root problem was having checkpoint located in the data folder and running vacuum on the delta table. Had to restart streams with fresh checkpoint locations to get this sorted.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Olli Tiihonen​  - Thanks for letting us know. I'm glad you were able to get to the bottom of things. 🙂

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.