Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

strange error with dbutils.notebook.run(...)

Mirko
Contributor

The situation is as following: i have a sheduled job, which uses dbutils.notebook.run(path,timeout) . During the last week everything worked smooth. During the weekend the job began to fail, at the dbutils.notebook.run(path,timeout) command. I get the following error:

com.databricks.WorkflowException: com.databricks.NotebookExecutionException: FAILED: assertion failed: Attempted to set keys (credentials) in the extraContext, but these keys were not in the set of valid keys: {commandResultJsonMaxBytes, displayRowLimitV2, notebook_path, thresholdForStoringInDbfs, enableStoringResultsInDbfs, api_url, aclPathOfAclRoot, displayByteLimitV2}

to be honest, i am not 100% sure if my hoster changed anything in the databricks config during the weekend, but maybe somebody knows which situation would result in such an error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

User16753724663
Valued Contributor

Hi @Mirko Ludewigโ€‹ 

This issue seems to be with High Concurrency cluster. Could you please confirm if you are using high concurrency cluster?.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

User16753724663
Valued Contributor

Hi @Mirko Ludewigโ€‹ 

This issue seems to be with High Concurrency cluster. Could you please confirm if you are using high concurrency cluster?.

Yes this issue faced in high concurrency Cluster when pass through is enabled in Azure data bricks. Any insights about this issue will be helpful?

Mirko
Contributor

@DARSHAN BARGALโ€‹ @Shaik Maheerโ€‹  first, exsuce me for the delayed answer. I Asked my admin to create a high con cluster for me as well, because i wanted to check both cases. In fact i used a standard cluster all the time. Strangely today everything works fine. With both high con and standaard clusters. I guess that is a good thing

User16753724663
Valued Contributor

Hi @Mirko Ludewigโ€‹ @Shaik Maheerโ€‹ ,

Thank you for the update. We applied the fix from the backend to resolve this issue. We apologies for the inconvenience caused here. I hope everything is working fine now at your end.

@DARSHAN BARGALโ€‹ 

I am facing a similar error at a client location today (19Jan2022). This is on a pass-thru high con cluster. What was the fix you have applied to resolve this issue?

Hello Support,

Still i have similar kind of problem.

Error: com.databricks.NotebookExecutionException: FAILED

Cluster Mode : Standard

I tried fetching the data from the event hubs. Previously , it worked good on one databricks instance. with runtime( 7.6 (includes Apache Spark 3.0.1, Scala 2.12)

spark.executor.extraJavaOptions -Dlog4j2.formatMsgNoLookups=true

spark.driver.extraJavaOptions -Dlog4j2.formatMsgNoLookups=true

spark.databricks.delta.preview.enabled true)

Later i tried running on the newly created instance with runtime (7.5 (includes Apache Spark 3.0.1, Scala 2.12)

spark.executor.extraJavaOptions -Dlog4j2.formatMsgNoLookups=true

spark.driver.extraJavaOptions -Dlog4j2.formatMsgNoLookups=true

spark.databricks.delta.preview.enabled true)

Please, help me resolve the issue.

attached the error file.

Mirko
Contributor

@DARSHAN BARGALโ€‹  thank you for the explanation. It is good to know that i can recieve help quickly here!

florent
New Contributor III

Hi @DARSHAN BARGALโ€‹ ,

we have the same problem and it is still present at 11:31 utc

Cluster : standard

Passtrough :on

Runtime : 9.1 ml

region : azure francecentral

@Florent POUSSEROTโ€‹  my check was on runtime 10.1

User16753724663
Valued Contributor

Hi @Florent POUSSEROTโ€‹ 

Apologies for the delay. Could you please confirm if you are still facing the issue?

Hi, for the moment, it's ok

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.