Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query RestAPI end point in Databricks Standard Workspace

Soma
Valued Contributor

Do we have option to query delta table using Standard Workspace as a endpoint instead of JDBC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @somanath Sankaran​ I bet that you refer to SQL endpoints which is only available in Premium.

I think the best approach is register two workspaces one cheaper standard and use it for jobs, normal clusters.

One more expensive and use it just for sql endpoint and sql dashboards.

Notebook code between both cab be easy synced with repo and you can implement common metastore (list of schema, tables).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @somanath Sankaran​ ! My name is Kaniz, and I'm the technical moderator here. Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers in the community have an answer to your question first. Or else I will get back to you soon. Thanks.

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @somanath Sankaran​ I bet that you refer to SQL endpoints which is only available in Premium.

I think the best approach is register two workspaces one cheaper standard and use it for jobs, normal clusters.

One more expensive and use it just for sql endpoint and sql dashboards.

Notebook code between both cab be easy synced with repo and you can implement common metastore (list of schema, tables).

Soma
Valued Contributor

@Hubert Dudek​  Thanks got it

Anonymous
Not applicable

@somanath Sankaran​ - Would you be happy to mark @Hubert Dudek​'s answer as best if it resolved the problem? That helps other members who are searching for answers find the solution more quickly. 🙂

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.