Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Access data within the blob storage without downloading

SettlerOfCatan
New Contributor

Our customer is using Azureโ€™s blob storage service to save big files so that we can work with them using an Azure online service, like Databricks.

blob-storageWe want to read and work with these files with a computing resource obtained by Azure directly without downloading them into another Azure service, like Azure Machine Learning Studio or Databricks.

Azure-MLUntil now, we are unable to access the data within the blob storage without downloading them into Azure Machine Learning Studio for working with them.

Moreover, none of the files which we want to read is a type of these:

fileytypesHowever, they can be read with the help of a python extension.

How can we access the data within the blob storage without downloading them beforehand?

Is it possible to mount the blob storage to Databricks anyhow so that we can access and use the files in a Databricks notebook?

I started to experiment with Databricks.

Therefore, I created two files within a blob-storage-container:

bloba picture and a csv-file.

Then I mounted the blob-storage-container to Databricks according to this instruction.Databricks_successThe csv-file can be accessed and displayed without downloading to Databricks in any way.

Unfortunately, I cannot display the image.

Databricks_failureDatabricks is telling me that there is "No such file or directory".

However, the file exists and the path is correct as we have seen before with the csv-file.

Can someone help me, please?

With best regards

SettlerOfCatan

0 REPLIES 0
Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.