Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would happen it my dynamic IP changed in IP Access list?

ccs
New Contributor II

On this feature IP access lists IP access lists - Azure Databricks | Microsoft Docs, what we observe is that if your IP is not on the access list, you cannot modify the list via API since you are not on trusted location. What if I specify only 1 IP say 123.123.123.123, and my ISP changed it since I don’t have static IP, is that mean I will forever lost control + access to this workspace? Any other ways as backup on the GUI?

1. Setup IP access list with my current assigned IP 123.123.123.123
  2. Happily use Databricks as usual
  3. During the weekend my ISP determines I need a new IP, assigned me to 123.123.123.124
  4. Blocked Databricks access since I'm not on allowed list
  5. Cannot modify access list since I'm not on allowed list
  6. Cannot disable enableIpAccessLists since I'm not on allowed list
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

if you use IP-based access control, you will lose access when your ip changes indeed.

The only thing you can do is ask someone who still has access to add your new ip address. If there is no such person, you probably should not use ip based access.

Why would you use it?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

if you use IP-based access control, you will lose access when your ip changes indeed.

The only thing you can do is ask someone who still has access to add your new ip address. If there is no such person, you probably should not use ip based access.

Why would you use it?

Not sure what you're saying by not using "ip based access"? I've wasted 3 days on this issue and that is the only way I could find to block access to my workspace. The only other way I could have find was using private endpoint but that requires some kind of VPN that I do not want to use. All other options that I have tried resulted in failure to block public access

ccs
New Contributor II

Thanks. Static IP is not yet requested but I need to confirm this behavior before implementing it, so that I could avoid "lock out" if all ISP dynamic IP changed.

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

you can of course still access your account as this is e-mail based.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @Chun Sing Chan​ 

Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.