cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AWS Databricks Pay-as-you-Go

DataDNA
New Contributor III

Hi Team,

We are currently using AWS cloud service for our AI/ML Project. We wanted to use Databricks based GPU service for model training purposes. We do not find a Pay-as-you-go option in marketplace for this purposes.

Can someone help me on this !

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Vijay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

it is just a Databricks subscription. When you have subscribed, you can use a GPU based cluster for your ML. There should be a pay-as-you-go version of Databricks, but there is no separate offering for GPU based clusters, it is included.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

it is just a Databricks subscription. When you have subscribed, you can use a GPU based cluster for your ML. There should be a pay-as-you-go version of Databricks, but there is no separate offering for GPU based clusters, it is included.

DataDNA
New Contributor III

I am attaching the screenshot here for reference. I cannot see a Pay as you go option at all. It is only asking for a monthly contract. Kindly help !

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

https://databricks.com/product/aws-pricing

I guess you try to roll out something else?

DataDNA
New Contributor III

I went to AWS marketplace & selected 'Databricks' from it. This is the screenshot of databricks via AWS Marketplace. Is there any other way to use AWS Databricks apart from this so that I can get the GPU Pay-as-you-go option?

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

Maybe you have a special AWS contract/agreement?

DataDNA
New Contributor III

Nope . We do not have anything like that . We in fact prefer to go with Pay-as-you-go as its easier to manage our resources & pricing.

Any pointers on this ? or may be can you direct us to enable it ?

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

We are exclusively on Azure so can't help you with that.

But there are people in here who do work on AWS, so they can probably help you out.

DataDNA
New Contributor III

Can you tag them so that I can follow up with them parallely

Hi @Vijayakeerthi Jayakumar​ ,

When you try to create a cluster, do you see the "ML" runtime? Here is a screenshot of how to select the ML databricks runtime and how it should look like the GPU vs CPU instance type

Screen Shot

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.