Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Machine Learning
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature store : Can create_training_set() be implemented to execute an inner join?

thib
New Contributor III

For timeseries feature tables, an inner join is made at the creation of the feature table. For the other type of feature tables, a left join is made, so NaN values can show up in the training set. Can the inner join in create_training_set() method be implemented with a parameter?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

create_training_set performs left join. It is just a simple function which select data from Spark SQL database used by feature store. You can just write own code with inner join:

customer_features_df = spark.sql("SELECT * FROM recommender_system.customer_features")
product_features_df = spark.sql("SELECT * FROM recommender_system.product_features")

training_df.join(
  customer_features_df,
  on=[training_df.cid == customer_features_df.customer_id,
      training_df.transaction_dt == customer_features_df.dt],
  how="inner"
).join(
  product_features_df,
  on="product_id",
  how="inner"
)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, @Thibault Daoulas​! My name is Piper, and I'm a moderator here in the community. It's nice to meet you and welcome to the community. Thank you for your question!

We'll give the community some time to respond, and then we will come back if we need to. 🙂

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

create_training_set performs left join. It is just a simple function which select data from Spark SQL database used by feature store. You can just write own code with inner join:

customer_features_df = spark.sql("SELECT * FROM recommender_system.customer_features")
product_features_df = spark.sql("SELECT * FROM recommender_system.product_features")

training_df.join(
  customer_features_df,
  on=[training_df.cid == customer_features_df.customer_id,
      training_df.transaction_dt == customer_features_df.dt],
  how="inner"
).join(
  product_features_df,
  on="product_id",
  how="inner"
)

thib
New Contributor III

Thank you Hubert, that's a good alternative, I just thought I'd stick to the api as much as possible, but this solves it.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.