Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execute a notebook cell with a SINGLE mouse-click?

al_joe
Contributor

Currently it takes two mouse-clicks to execute each cell in a DB notebook.

I know there is a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Enter) to execute the current cell

But is there a way to execute a cell with a single mouse-click?

I could use a greasemonkey script or Stylus snippet to modify the HTML client-side if needed.

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

Simple answer: no.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Al Jo​ , My name is Kaniz, and I'm the technical moderator here. Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers in the community have an answer to your question first. Or else I will get back to you soon. Thanks.

Thanks. All I am looking for is a way to expand those three icons to appear on the toolbar itself instead of requiring a dropdown menu that eats up another click.

or at least the first button which is most frequently used

I am sure a simple tweak to JS/CSS or a setting that can be toggled on and off should allow this usability feature.

Please add this to the UI feature requests.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Al Jo​ , Thank you for taking the time to write this, and for pointing out these issues. We work hard to give all of our customers a great experience, and we want to keep improving. 

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

Simple answer: no.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.