Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in creating workspace - Custom AWS Configuration

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have tried to create new workspace using "Custom AWS Configuration" and we have given our own VPC (Customer managed VPC) and tried but workspace failed to launch. We are getting below error which couldn't understand where the issue is in.

Workspace failed to launch.

Error: caught failure in cleanup chain: MALFORMED_REQUEST: Failed network validation checks; get network a32efc55-dfbf-4df9-a251-164e56636325 for more detailed error messages..

Appreciate a support on this issue.

1) what is failed network validation checks ? this seems to be very highlevel.

2) what is "get network a32efc55-dfbf-4df9-a251-164e56636325 for more detailed error messages" . where can we find more details.

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Dhusanth Thangavadivel​ ! My name is Kaniz, and I'm the technical moderator here. Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers in the community have an answer to your question first. Or else I will get back to you soon. Thanks.

Mitesh_Patel
New Contributor III

I'm also getting the same issue. I'm trying to create a E2 workspace using Terraform with Customer-managed VPC in us-east-1 (using private subnets for 1a and 1b). We have 1 network rule attached to our subnets that looks like this: Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 11.01.06 PMScreen Shot 2022-02-20 at 11.01 

Similar question here. How can I debug this? Would it help if I gave you the "get network 123-456" id?

Things work fine if I used the Databricks-managed VPC example from the docs. It also works fine if I use a ***** VPC with */* all allow.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.