Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to setup Instance profile for initializing Databricks Cluster using Docker?

Juniper_AIML
New Contributor
  1. I was trying to start of the Databricks cluster through a docker image. I followed the setup instruction. Excluding the additional setup to setup the IAM role and instance profile as I was facing issues.

The image is stored on AWS ECR in a public repo and can be pulled up easily. I have NOT been able to setup the IAM role or the instance profile as mentioned. As soon as I click on  settings -> manage account it logs me out of databricks into the login screen and the same process repeats. (Attached image for the same.

Screenshot 2022-02-15 at 2.39.57 PMI have been trying to just paste the docker container URL in the cluster instance settings as in the image below without any instance profile.               

Screenshot 2022-02-15 at 2.49.03 PM 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Aman Gauravโ€‹ ,

Please check the below requirements to avail the Databricks Container Services.

Note :-

Databricks Runtime for Machine Learning and Databricks Runtime for Genomics does not support Databricks Container Services.

• Databricks Runtime 6.1 or above. If you have previously used Databricks Container Services you must upgrade your base images. See the latest images in https://github.com/databricks/containers tagged with 6.x.

• Your Databricks workspace must have Databricks Container Services enabled.

• Your machine must be running a recent Docker daemon (one that is tested and works with Client/Server Version 18.03.0-ce) and the docker command must be available on your PATH.

Source

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello again, @Aman Gauravโ€‹. Thanks for your second question. As before, we'll see what the community has to say first. ๐Ÿ™‚

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Aman Gauravโ€‹ ,

Please check the below requirements to avail the Databricks Container Services.

Note :-

Databricks Runtime for Machine Learning and Databricks Runtime for Genomics does not support Databricks Container Services.

• Databricks Runtime 6.1 or above. If you have previously used Databricks Container Services you must upgrade your base images. See the latest images in https://github.com/databricks/containers tagged with 6.x.

• Your Databricks workspace must have Databricks Container Services enabled.

• Your machine must be running a recent Docker daemon (one that is tested and works with Client/Server Version 18.03.0-ce) and the docker command must be available on your PATH.

Source

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.