cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clone the data from Prod Workspace to Test workspace

Databricks9876
New Contributor III

Hi there,

I have requirement to deep clone the data from Prod workspace to Test Workspace.

I know we can do in the same workspace, but I am not aware of between workspaces.

I heard some key is needed and have some firewall issues when linking between two work spaces.

Really appreciate if someone could shed some light .

Thank you,

Rup

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@swarup muthumula​  Azure workspace has self service migration

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, Rup aka @swarup muthumula​ - It's nice to meet you. Welcome to the community and thank you for bringing us this question. Let's give it a while for the members to respond. We'll come back if we need to.

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

Can I ask what you mean by data? Is it your physical storage (data lake) or the notebooks etc?

Hi Werners,

Thanks for your reply and Apologies for my late reply.

Yes, I am looking at physical storage. We have created tables and the data is loading through Notebooks. I don't want to run the Notebooks again in UAT, instead I want to clone the PROD data into UAT. The PROD is updated daily so whenever I need to I wan to clone those tables. We already have objects created in UAT

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@swarup muthumula​  are you looking for entire workspace migration ? which cloud you are in?

Databricks9876
New Contributor III

Hi Atanu,

Thanks for your reply.

I am in Azure and want to just clone only data not even workspace and Notebooks

Hi @swarup muthumula​ ,

Are you trying to clone Delta tables? if you do, you can use delta clone. Docs here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/delta/delta-utility#clone-delta-table

Thank you , Jose. Appreciate your reply.

I think the cloning is done at the same workspace level. Can we also do across workspaces? Can i Give the same clone command in another workspace by giving the location of the target table directing to Other workspace?

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@swarup muthumula​  Azure workspace has self service migration

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @swarup muthumula​ , Is your problem resolved or you need any help?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.