Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant find reason but suddenly new Jobs are getting huge job id numbers. example 945270539673815

JBear
New Contributor III

Created Job ID is suddenly started to make huge numbers, and that is now making problems in Terraform plan, cause int is too big

Error: strconv.ParseInt: parsing "945270539673815": value out of range

Im new on the board and pretty new with Databricks so bare with me, if more information is needed please ask ill try to answer with my best know how.

Databricks is running on Azure.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JBear
New Contributor III

Got it working again i thing problem was old version of providers and terraform Now running on following version and everything is ok now

Terraform v1.1.6

on windows_amd64

+ provider registry.terraform.io/databrickslabs/databricks v0.5.0

+ provider registry.terraform.io/hashicorp/azuread v1.6.0

+ provider registry.terraform.io/hashicorp/azurerm v2.98.0

+ provider registry.terraform.io/hashicorp/random v3.1.0

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Jere Karhu​ ! My name is Kaniz, and I'm the technical moderator here. Great to meet you, and thanks for your question! Let's see if your peers in the community have an answer to your question first. Or else I will get back to you soon. Thanks.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Jere Karhu​ ,

parseint parses the given string as a representation of an integer in the specified base and returns the resulting number. The base must be between 2 and 62 inclusive.

All bases use the Arabic numerals 0 through 9 first. Bases between 11 and 36 inclusive use case-insensitive Latin letters to represent higher unit values. Bases 37 and higher use lowercase Latin letters and then uppercase Latin letters.

Note:- If the given string contains any non-digit characters or digits characters that are too large for the given base then parseint will produce an error.

Source

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Jere Karhu​ , What terraform version are you using?

JBear
New Contributor III

Im using Terraform 1.0.10 i will try next to update providers and terraform and see if it helps

JBear
New Contributor III

Got it working again i thing problem was old version of providers and terraform Now running on following version and everything is ok now

Terraform v1.1.6

on windows_amd64

+ provider registry.terraform.io/databrickslabs/databricks v0.5.0

+ provider registry.terraform.io/hashicorp/azuread v1.6.0

+ provider registry.terraform.io/hashicorp/azurerm v2.98.0

+ provider registry.terraform.io/hashicorp/random v3.1.0

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great!

BilalAslamDbrx
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

For posterity -- you are seeing large Job IDs because of an update to our internal database. We did this because our jobs service is scaling out massively, and the old ID scheme wasn't going to work for much longer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Jere Karhu​ , In case you are using the Job/Run id in API, please be advised that you will need to change the client-side logic to process int64/long and expect a random number. In some cases, you just need to change the declared type in their source code to long and do not count on ids being sequential or sorted.

Previously the job/run id was sequential and could be sorted.

Current sample job URL - https://sample.cloud.databricks.com/?o=3329755207123451#job/281680268617720/run/6615691

(here the job/run id has improved to be a bigger/longer number)

Previous sample job URL - https://sample.cloud.databricks.com/?o=3329755207123451#job/5/run/6615597

It is mitigated in version 0.5.3. The below link points to the main Terraform Registry page suggests you use the latest version of the terraform provider.

https://registry.terraform.io/providers/databrickslabs/databricks/latest/docs

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.